Thursday, January 3, 2008

laziness cuts me. like a fine cutlery

this entire break has been disapointing. not in meeting with others, but i have been dissapointed with myself. all i have done is nothing. i just sleep, eat, and watch movies. some might say, " well what is wrong with that?" everything is wrong with that. this life is too short to sleep it away, or spend it staring at a screen. i only touched a book once this break. there is a whole wealth of information out there far more interesting than my own apathy. not to mention helping others and interacting with others. i don't think tht there is anything better created by God for human joy than other humans and our interactions together. God has also created nature. for myself that is one of the only places i can go and still feel God. nature is so focused, disciplined, patient, and serene. i have been incredibly selfish this break...and most of my life.

may He have mercy on me and make me low

1 comment:

Alex Hackett said...

Don't worry man, we have all been feeling like this. We'll get back out to nature here at school. See you soon man.